ABBA, the Anderson Band Booster Association, is looking for some helpful parents in the following areas for the 2017-2018. It takes many hands to make the band run smoothly. Tasks range from short-to-long term, some in committees and some solo tasks. Please take a few moments to review this list and see what is a good match for your schedule. You may also check out our ABBA COMMITTEE PAGE for more descriptors of committee work.
- President-Elect – We are recruiting for a President Elect, to spend the coming year shadowing our current President.
- Vice-President/Fundraising – Primarily assisting with Flamingoing including creating online sign up sheets for parent drivers and coordinating money counters. (Primarily July and August)
- Sponsorships – Many of our sponsors come from Anderson Band family businesses and from businesses with ties to Northwest Hills. The sponsor chair will reconnect with last year’s sponsors, and establish new sponsors as well. The sponsorship chair will receive a full e-packet of helpful forms, promotional materials and lists of contacts. (Primarily August – October)
- Secretary – taking meeting minutes at all ABBA meetings (10 per year)
- Charms Treasurer – Tracking Fair Share Payments in the Charms database system. (July – October)
- Directory – Compiling Student and Family Information from the band directors to create an electronic student directory. (August)
- Social – Heads the committee to coordinate the picnic, pool party, ice cream social and band lock in. (July – August and lock in varies)
- Spirit – Heads the committee that creates spirit signs for the band hall. (July – November)
- Website – Serves as websmaster, specifically setting up the meal orders and online store. (Primarily July – September, plus year round small tasks)
If you feel like you can assist the Trojan Band in these areas, please contact Sandy Pennington. firstname.lastname@example.org