Hey band families!
We are almost there, however we still have another week and a half of mornings out on the pavement field. There are a few things we are not seeing enough of and while we preach it to the kids if we could have help from home as well that would be wonderful….
- Wear HATS and SUNGLASSES!
- Drink a sports drink with electrolytes in addition to tons of water (I like to add gatorade to my water for the day and do half-and-half) .
- Drink water throughout the evening once you get home
- Eat a hearty breakfast. No dairy, but fruit such as bananas and protein. Eggs, toaster waffles, fruit are all great options.
- Bring snacks to rehearsal to eat on breaks – pack some granola bars (with protein) and fruit and snack a little on every break.
- MAKE SURE THE WATER BOTTLE GETS CLEANED EVERY NIGHT! I know there are some that ‘recycle’ their water because they forget to bring it home and I find the water bottle as I’m leaving for the evening. Make it a habit to take it home and wash it, and bring it with FRESH water the next morning!
Thank you so much for your help….and thank you times a MILLION to the parents who are supplying us with ice rags daily. You make a huge difference!!