We have an exciting couple of weeks ahead of us as we are two weeks away from our first full band competition, BOA AUSTIN! The drum line heads to Dripping Springs this coming Saturday for their first competition – best of luck drum line!
SPIRIT FEST Make up is today (Sunday 9/10). The pep rally will conclude the awesome Spirit Fest celebration which goes from 4-6pm…however due to the notice and timing with our upcoming competition schedule, it is not a mandatory event this go-around. I have been telling all band students all this week if you are available, please throw on a band shirt and go support Trojan Spirit Fest!!! PTSA and our community do wonderful things to promote our band and we are so thankful! NOTE to avoid confusion: We will not be performing today.
- This Monday, 9/11, we will take ALL guard pictures during class and makeup pictures for anyone in the band that did not have pictures taken the first time. Names of those that need pictures taken are at the bottom of this blast. Even if you are not ordering, you must have your picture taken in full uniform for brag button and composite. Band students – you will have your make-up pictures take immediately after school in the band hall.
- Monday there is an ABBA (Anderson Band Booster Association) Meeting in the band hall at 6:30pm. All parents encouraged and welcome to attend!
- The optional chocolate sales for individuals fair share are going great! Sales end this Friday (9/15) so sell that chocolate! Once chocolate sales end, we will credit your account with what you raised and you will owe the difference.
- Chaperones and Pit Crew interested in going to St. Louis with the band – please contact your chair or Ms. Gonzalez. We have a chaperone/pit crew all inclusive deal but I need to get bus lists locked by the end of this week.
- FAIR SHARE #3 ($200) is due next Monday, September 18! Statements will come out this week. You may pay online through the website store or send a check to Ms. Gonzalez made out to Trojan Band.
- INFORMATION regarding the upcoming BOA AUSTIN COMPETITION including schedule, livestream, directions and ticket sales.
UNIFORMS: This week during classes students will try on their full uniform to ensure alterations are correct and we are good to go for BOA AUSTIN. We also want them to get a few practice runs in the uniform before the competition so we will wear it this Friday for the LBJ game and next Friday for the Austin High Game. Marching in the uniform is a much different feel then marching in the polo and shorts and we want the students used to that. Drumline will wear full uniform for the Dripping Springs competition. PLEASE NOTE: We will still wear the CASUAL UNIFORM for Tuesday Jamboree on Sept 19.
On full uniform days, students need to bring: Black show shirt to wear underneath bibbers, long black socks, and low profile shorts to wear under uniform. You don’t want anything too bulky or it will be uncomfortable and visible.
- Drumline Contest at Dripping Springs next Saturday September 16
We will have a rehearsal that morning from 10-11:45. It is important to get there in time to set up in the band hall and be ready to play at 10.
11:45 Pack the box trucks and eat pizza (provided)
12:45 Leave by carpool to Dripping Springs Stadium
2:00- Unload and warm up
**Rehearsals this week are at normal times **
LOOKING AHEAD: Rehearsal week of Sept 18 – 23
Everyone (full band) 5-7:30pm
Tuesday: BAND JAMBOREE – evening at Burger Center. Every Family gets 2 complimentary tickets
Wednesday: Full Band 5-7pm
Thursday: NO AM REHEARSAL due to the evenings this week. Get rest and do homework
Friday: Full Band 7:30-8:30am
Saturday: BOA AUSTIN!!
Everyone have a WONDERFUL WEEK!