What is Fair Share?
Fair Share is Required for ALL band students: concert, marching and dance guard.
Includes, but is not limited to:
- Music Licensing for the marching band show each year
- July/August Camp Costs – Music and Instruction (we will hire approximately 20 people to come and work with the kids during this time)
- Uniform Costs- gloves for wind players, marching uniform including tailoring, custom show uniform for dance guard, tailored tuxedos and dresses for wind players
- Band t-shirt to wear under uniform (show shirt)
- Competition Entry Fees: 2 BOA events (Austin & San Antonio ), Westlake Marching, UIL Marching, UIL Concert and Sightreading, Solo and Ensemble, Region Band
- Band and some Dance Guard supplies including flag material, equipment and repairs
- Music arrangements, licensing, drill design, instruction and technical assistance for band and dance guard
- Charter bus transportation and some meals for BOA San Antonio
- Meals for all competitions for all band students.
All Students participating in band/guard are expected to meet the payment schedule listed below. Failure to meet the due dates OR contact the director in advance can result in student’s removal from participation. We incur many costs in advance on students’ behalf. For this reason, there can be no refunds due to ineligibility or change of schedule, as expenses are pre-paid. Plan well in advance and pass your classes! Parents of any student with financial difficulty must contact the director by email in advance of any due date affected for an extension. Communication is the key and TOTAL PARTICIPATION in all fundraisers is required for anyone in this circumstance. No student will be denied participation due to a family’s inability to pay.
Fair Share: $ 435
You can pay in one payment of $435 or
Three Installment Payment Schedule
DUE DATE: AMOUNT DUE:
July 28th $200.00
August 22nd $150.00
September 19th $ 85.00
You can pay by mailing in a check made out to Anderson High School Band, 8403 Mesa Dr., Austin, TX 78759 or paying through the TROJAN SPIRIT STORE online.
Your Band’s Budget
- Additional Staff (clinicians, technicians, marching season and concert bands) 27%
- Administration for Band (copier, paper, postage, etc.) 3%
- Busses (for competitions only) 11%
- Competition Fees (UIL, BOA, Region, etc.) 5%
- Equipment and Transportation (truck rental, trailer, lighting, flags, props, etc.) 16%
- Instrument Repairs 3%
- Meals for Competitions 7%
- Music (Marching Show Music & Drill and Concert Music for band classes) 12%
- Student Benefits (band banquet, letter jackets, water bottles, socials, etc.) 8%
- Uniforms 8%
- Total 100%
Where the Money Comes From
Fair Share 47%