I have a few important pieces of information to put on your radar as we go into the weekend! It has been a great first week of school and we are very excited to continue to polish and fill the opener and ballad for the Taco Shack Bowl next week!
- TROJAN SPIRIT FEST HAS BEEN CANCELLED! NO SPIRIT FEST ON SUNDAY.
- We are furiously looking for a second CDL certified semi-driver for the St. Louis trip. If you have any connections or know anyone in our band family that would be willing to share that trip with our other driver that would be great! Please reach out to Ms. Gonzalez.
- We will soon start filling chaperone spots for the St. Louis trip as well. We will fill spots in the form of chaperone, pit crew and uniform committees. If you are interested, stay tuned for an upcoming blast with more info. Chaperone cost is $285 per person and will cover your seat on the bus, admission to BOA, hotel and meals.
- Fair share statements went out today. If you paid via the website after the deadline but your statement did not reflect that, it is possible that we ran the report the day of the deadline and I will see your payment now – in that case just have that on your radar…you are actually ok!
- Information on Hearing Times This semester, we have planned a system for every student to have individualized/small group instruction with a band director every week. For Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Band, this will be a check-in to help students with their All State Etude preparation (see THIS PAGE for the weekly assignment plan). For Concert Band, this will be up to your instructor, but expect some characteristic etudes and/or solos written specifically for your instrument.This information is posted in the Band Hall, but if you didn’t get a chance to see when your hearing time appointment will be happening, click HERE.Hearing times will begin this coming week, so be prepared for your assignment!
Everyone have a great Friday!