- ELIGIBILITY! The 6 week grade check DEFINES eligibility for the marching season! If your student is not passing all classes with a grade of 70 or above they will not be eligible for the marching season. I cannot take them to any games or competitions if they are ineligible, BUT they will still have to come to all morning and evening rehearsals because it is a class. Because the marching season is over in a flash, they will not regain eligibility in time to enjoy the end of the games and competitions in full capacity. In short, it’s very important to turn homework in so that classes are passing ON THIS REPORT CARD.
- We tried on uniforms on Friday. It is the responsibility of ALL students to make sure they have tried on a uniform and shown the fit after alterations to Ms. Gonzalez by the end of Monday if they did not do so Friday in class. Additionally, if you have ANY issues such as shoes…etc, you need to put that on Ms. Gonzalez’s radar by end of the day on Monday. If you wait until the day of the performance it is too late to fix any uniform issues. Please read the TAILORED TROJAN for tons of information on uniforms for students and parents!
- Director of Bands for Leander High School, Mr. Robert Selaiden, will be at Monday night’s rehearsal to work with the band. We are VERY excited to work with and learn from Mr. Selaiden!
- For those interested in the INDOOR DRUM LINE there is a mandatory parent meeting Monday night at 7:45pm following rehearsal.
- Competition schedules are also in this blast. Meals that are noted are provided to ALL students through fair share. Please please please send snacks with your student as well as cash for concessions. They will have the opportunity to purchase snacks as we watch other bands perform following our performance.
- Students need to have fixed their uniform obligations before they march on Friday night….if they do not either bring the item back or bring money to replace the item they will not march Friday night. OBLIGATION LIST
- First Photo pictures went home with students on FRIDAY. Guard uniforms have arrived and the guard will take their photos on Oct 1.
- NOTE: Saturday Stadium rehearsal on October 20 from 9am-12:30 at Nelson Field
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE
Monday – Full Rehearsal 5-7:30pm
Wednesday – Band morning rehearsal, guard evening rehearsal; Flute masterclass after school 4:45
Thursday – Band and guard morning rehearsal starting at 7:10am (LATE START we rehearse from 7:10-9:40am)
Friday – Band and guard morning rehearsal
FRIDAY GAME: Away at Hays – Wind Ensemble and Symphonic bring CONCERT INSTRUMENTS for region music work