Are you a new band parent, trying to learn about the Trojan Band program and activities? Read this page and check out the links provided for easy access to important information.
Here is our top ten list of things you need to know about the Anderson Trojan Band.
- Welcome! We are pleased to have new band students and parents join the Anderson Band Family.
- Trojan Band Parents are here to help! ABBA (our booster club) published this website and the corresponding announcements to band students and parents. Here are the links:
- WWW.ANERSONTROJANBAND.COM Our comprehensive website
- THE TROJAN BAND BLAST The latest announcements and updates from ATB
- SUBSCRIBE TO THE TROJAN BAND BLAST – Get the announcements and updates sent right to your email address.
- SUBSCRIBE TO OUR CALENDAR! It will link the Trojan Band calendar to your online calendar (iCal, Google, Outlook)
- CONTACT ABBA OFFICERS AND COMMITTEE HEADS (2017/18 roster coming soon!) – These parents can answer your questions and help you get the answers you need on any band-related subject. Scroll to the bottom of this page for the ABBA mailing address.
- Need to check out an instrument for the summer? CONTACT MR. JURGENS as soon as possible.
- Shop early for SUMMER BAND UNIFORM SHORTS! The Trojan Band requires a specific style of shorts and local stores sell out quickly.
- Read up on SUMMER BAND CAMP and save the dates! (Please check the date on the link, as the new packet may not be posted yet. We keep the previous years’ packet up for reference until the new packet is distributed.)
- Mark your calendars for the ATB Parent Meeting! It is typically held the first evening of summer band camp.
- Watch for the SUMMER BAND PACKET to be distributed in June! It will include such information as a calendar for the fall, the show music for your instrument (auditions for spots in the show are held the first week of Summer Band Camp and music parts are performed from memory) and other information. Please be sure that your address is on file correctly with the school, as this is where the envelope will be sent! If you have not received this by the end of June, please CONTACT THE BAND DIRECTORS.
- Get involved! The Anderson Band Booster Association (ABBA) has some wonderful ways that we can be involved in our student’s band experience. It takes all of us to get a 200+ member band where it needs to go safely, fed, in uniform, and with all their instruments and equipment. The reward is getting to experience, first-hand, the beautiful magic that happens each time the band performs, whether it is the marching band, color guard, drum line, steel band, jazz band or one of the concert bands. Come join in on the fun!
- Thank a band director! Our students are so fortunate to be led by very dedicated and talented directors. Andrea Gonzalez, Will Jurgens, Frank Nedley, and Jeff Cleveland do an outstanding job to make this an award-winning band program!
We highly recommend that you review the web pages listed under the ABBA tab, especially the FAQs page, and the PARENT VOLUNTEERING page. These particular sections will give new parents (and students) a well-rounded overview of the Trojan Band.
Do you still have questions? Reach out to ABBA MEMBERS (2017/18 roster coming soon!) today. We are always glad to help!